Some two hundred penguins found covered in oil on Robben Island following a spillage by a stricken bulk carrier were washed, fed and restored to health. Thirty of the birds were released today.
10 Lies You Were Tricked Into Believing
1. Alone means lonely. – ‘Alone’ doesn’t always mean lonely, and ‘relationship’ doesn’t always mean happy. Being alone will never cause as much loneliness as the wrong relationship. If things don’t feel right, take a break and spend some time with number one – you. Find yourself first. Appreciate your own worth. And next time you’re in a relationship that’s sinking, you’ll be prepared to swim to safety.
2. Happiness comes when you have everything you want. – To be happy doesn’t mean you don’t desire more, it means you’re thankful for what you have and patient for what’s yet to come. Sometimes we get so caught up in trying to accomplish something big, that we fail to notice the little things that give life its magic. So appreciate today for all it’s worth. These are the good old days you’re going to miss in the years ahead. ReadStumbling on Happiness.
3. Pain is something you can see. – Never underestimate the pain of a person, because in all honesty, everyone is struggling. Some people arejust better at hiding it than others. You don’t know what goes on behind closed doors. Passing judgment is an unnecessary waste of time and energy. If you have time to judge other people, you have way too much time on your hands. Get off your behind and do something meaningful.
4. Life is supposed to be a certain way. – It is ultimately only our own thoughts that hurt us. Simply feeling what we are feeling, and dealing with it honestly, can be very healing. We always have the freedom to choose how we wish to respond to whatever life presents to us. Let go of how you thought your life should be, and embrace the real life that is trying to work its way into your consciousness. Change what you can change, change your thoughts about what you can’t change, and move on in peace.
5. You are supposed to be a certain way. – When you stop comparing yourself with other versions of yourself, real or imagined; and when you stop comparing yourself with other people, real or imagined; that is when you taste a peace that is real, not imagined. Read The Road Less Traveled.
32 Moments That Make A Day Awesome
1. When you wake up in a fit, thinking that you missed your alarm, and then look over at your clock and realize you just woke yourself up too early and can still go back to sleep for a little bit.
2. Actually having time to eat a decent breakfast in the morning, and having something really good like fruit salad or Greek yogurt with granola (the food of a true adult).
3. When you buy something delicious for yourself at the grocery store and forget about it, only to stumble on it in your cabinet and hi-five your previous self for having the foresight to buy Toaster Strudels.
4. Getting a seat on the subway and therefore not having to spend your commute pressed into some man’s armpit as the car slams to a halt at each station.
5. That ~30 minute period where the caffeine in your body is making you just alert enough to fully enjoy the day, and not that tweaky, stomach-turning feeling after you’ve had too much.
6. Knowing all day that when you go home, there is going to be a big takeout box of leftovers waiting for you.
7. Seeing a dog while out that is just really friendly and chill and okay with strangers petting it, and not one of those mean, skittish dogs where you’re just kind of like “Why do you bring this thing outside when it so clearly hates society?”
8. Passing by a public park and catching a few minutes of a basketball game going on amongst some neighbors.
9. Finding a reaction GIF that perfectly encapsulates your complex emotions about Channing Tatum’s stomach.
10. A marathon of your favorite show being on when you’re sick, which is somehow more effective than NyQuil or chicken noodle soup when it comes to healing a ravaged soul.